The recipe involves a combination of watermelon and pineapple with banana slices for a snack that any dog would love!
The preparation time is about 5 minutes and takes about 4 hours. This recipe yields 24 treats.
As for the ingredients, you will need 1 banana, 1-1 / 2 cups of watermelon and 1 cup of pineapple. The recipe says that you can replace the fruit with any other unsweetened fruit or yogurt for dogs.
You’ll need a silicone mini muffin pan (or ice cube trays), small cookie sheet or cutting board to help move the silicone mold, flat space in your freezer for the mold, and a blender or food processor.
1. First, make sure there’s room in the freezer for you to set the silicone mold or ice cube tray down flat.
2. Puree a cup and a half of watermelon and set aside.
3. Puree a cup of pineapple and set aside.
4. Slice the banana into 24 pieces.
5. Place silicone mold onto cookie sheet.
6. Place one banana slice in each well.
7. Top each banana slice with 2 tablespoons of watermelon puree.
8. Top off each mold well with a layer of pineapple puree.
9. Gently slide mold into the freezer and freeze for 4 hours.
10. Leftover pops can be taken out of the mold and put into a more compact container like a plastic bag.
Bea loved them, and we are sure your dog too! 🙂
Check out more from Kiki Kane on her Rover.com blog.
h/t – I Love My Dog So Much